- General Questions
- 1. What is the GDS?
GDS stands for Global Distribution System. It is a booking network of four largest distribution systems which provides automated services to travel vendors such as hotels, airlines and car rental companies. A hotel inventory and rates can be accessed and booked by any travel agent connected to the GDS.
- 2. How much does it cost to get started and how much is each reservation?
- 3. How do I manage availability and rates displayed on the GDS?
Your property information, availability and rates are managed through private access to OnlineGDS | CRS in different languages.
- 4. How long does it take to connect to the GDS?
The entire process for the GDS connection takes about ten to fourteen business days after signing the contract with OnlineGDS.
- 5. Can I switch from another GDS provider to OnlineGDS?
Yes, you can switch to OnlineGDS from any other GDS provider at no cost. You may be represented on the GDS network by only one provider.
- 6. Can OnlineGDS load the GDS rates for a single agency/company?
Yes, we can load any special GDS rates with access codes once you send us the GDS rate loading instructions provided by a travel/booking agent.
- 7. Why GDS increases your sales?
GDS distribution is important for all hotels because when travel agents make flight reservations for their clients, they have the option of adding a hotel reservation to the same itinerary.Travel Agents often choose properties in a given area that are on the GDS systems because it is much easier than booking direct.If you are looking to increase your exposure to the corporate market, OnlineGDS will put your property in front of the people who make bookings for corporate clients.
- 8. How can I get additional information?